Vote NO: Cyber Sec Vote THIS WEEK
The Senate version of CISPA looks like it'll be voted on later THIS WEEK. We need senators to OPPOSE the bill, but SUPPORT pro-privacy amendments to it. Please add your name at right to email your Senators.
But let's highlight some good news: Our efforts to secure Internet freedom and privacy protections have largely worked -- and frankly, far better than we'd expected. Provisions have been added to:
- Keep the data in the hands of civilian agencies (as opposed to the National Security Agency);
- Restrict the government's use of the information to cyber security issues and the prevention of immediate physical harm;
- Require annual reporting on the data's use;
- Let Americans sue the government for abuse; and
- A clandestine attack on Net Neutrality has been removed.
Now these changes are under attack by pro-surveillance forces.
Please add your name at right to help us protect privacy rights as this bill moves forward, and then use these links to share the image at right, so everybody knows how urgent this effort is:
|If you're already on Facebook, click here to share with your friends.|
|If you're already on Twitter, click here to tweet about the campaign:|