Impeach Trump’s attack dog at the FCC, Brendan Carr!
Petition to the U.S. House:
We urge you to impeach Brendan Carr in order to protect the First Amendment and media freedom in the United States.
Brendan Carr’s Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and Trump’s right-wing ally at the head of CBS, David Ellison, have again censored Stephen Colbert.
Colbert told his audience earlier this week that CBS executives told him "in no uncertain terms" that he could not air an interview with a Democratic U.S. Senate candidate because of Carr’s threats.1 Colbert said, "Donald Trump’s administration wants to silence anyone who says anything bad about Trump on TV." 2
Carr turned the FCC into a censorship machine to shut down anything Trump doesn’t like — with the help of right-wing billionaire CEOs. Carr has gone after ABC, CBS, PBS, NPR, Jimmy Kimmel, and Stephen Colbert in his effort to silence Trump’s critics. Congress must stand up for free speech and dissent in America.
Sign the petition: Impeach Brendan Carr, Trump’s "attack dog" at the FCC.
Carr announced last year that the FCC would review enforcement of the equal time rule, a measure that allows candidates for office to request equal time on a show if the show hosts another candidate. Longstanding precedent exempted late night and other news shows from this rule. Carr’s notice was a direct attack on shows like Colbert’s.3
Last year, Stephen Colbert criticized CBS/Paramount’s decision to pay out $16 million to Trump in order to settle a "meritless" lawsuit4 — calling it a "big, fat bribe."5 Days later Paramount canceled Colbert’s show. This is all part of Trump, Carr, and Ellison’s coordinated censorship campaign.
Trump and his allies are trying to take complete control over every corner of America, stamp out dissent, and crush the First Amendment. It’s time for the U.S. House to protect free speech and the media from Trump’s takeover.
Sign the petition: Impeach Brendan Carr now!
Sources:
- The New York Times, "Colbert Slams Trump Administration After CBS Pulls Talarico Interview,” February 17, 2026.
- Ibid.
- PBS News, "After Colbert says CBS blocked interview, FCC commissioner weighs in on 'equal time',” February 17, 2026.
- The Washington Post, "CBS owner Paramount settles Trump lawsuit over Harris interview for $16M,” July 2, 2025.
- The Guardian, "Writers’ union urges investigation into Paramount move to cancel Colbert show,” July 18, 2025.